Monday, November 5, 2012

Weston: 0-3 Months

Weston has been such a joy! We really have been blessed with an easy, laid back baby. I am grateful! It kind of makes me wonder what our second what will be like...I'm not sure if we will get lucky with another easy one! ;-)

 1st Month: Our first month was a little rough in that I had to go back onto the hospital a week after Weston was born due to low potassium, high liver enzymes, urinary tract infection, possible uterine infection, and sludge in the gallbladder. Yikes! I stayed in the hospital for another week and returned home by the time Wes was 2 weeks old. I would send milk home to him, and my mother-in-law stayed home with him. My mom stayed with me at the hospital and Ryan would go between seeing Wes and me. We are so grateful for the HUGE help that both or our moms were during this time. We could NOT have done this without them. Their presence was not only a huge help, but also a great comfort in a hard and scary time with my health. Weston did great through it all. He went from breast-feeding to bottle and then back without a hitch. He was sleeping pretty good too. By 2 weeks old, he was doing 5 hour stretches at night....yay! Ryan was a huge help during the night feedings, even though he had work the next morning. I am grateful! By the end of the first month, Wes was making eye contact more consistently, which was fun to see that development.



 2nd Month: Wes continued to sleep like a champ and did well during most naps. His night stretches of sleep continued to increase more and more. We were feeling much more rested. Feeding and sleeping was going well. We started following a wake, play, sleep schedule once I figured out how often he needed to feed. Around 5 weeks, I noticed he would smile at his musical giraffe toy sometimes. By 6 weeks, he started smiling at us. After that he started smiling more and more. By the end of the 2nd month, he would even giggle some! He takes a paci when going to sleep for now. He loves his Wubbanub monkey pacifier. He loves to hold his monkey while sucking on his paci. Cutest thing ever!




 3rd Month: He is sleeping about 9 hours at night and still eats every 3 hours during the day. He loves playing on his playmat and can bat and grab at the toys now. His is obsessed with his hands and loves to suck on them and just look at them. He is SUCH a smiley, happy boy! Sometimes he will even stop to smile at me while feeding. He also is babbling and making lots of sounds now. I love it! He is so good about sleeping on the go and being so good while we take him out and about. He sure loves his daddy too. It's so fun now that we can for sure tell he really recognizes us.



 We are loving every moment with him and trying to soak it up as he is growing so fast! I've always heard it goes so fast...before you know it they are walking and talking. It's bittersweet for sure. I want time to stand still, yet I look forward to each new stage and development. God is already using this little guy to teach me patience, to go with the flow (and forget my schedule at times), & how to be unselfish. (To just name a few!)

- Katie                        

No comments:

Post a Comment