Friday, February 8, 2013

Weston {5 Months}


So here I am, catching up on my blog again. Wes is now 6 months, but I am just now writing his 5 month summary. Hopefully I will get better at keeping up with this soon. Anyway.....

Growth & Development: Wes didn't have an appointment with his pediatrician this month, so I am not real sure how much he weighs. My guess is that he is in the 15 lb range. He continues to be a good eater and sleeper for the most part....for that I am grateful! He doesn't seem to mind when we stay other places and he is away from home. He still sleeps great...yay! We started him on oatmeal at the end of this month and he did great! He seems to really like it. I think he is even sleeping a little more soundly at night now. He usually goes 11.5-12 hours at night uninterrupted consistently now. I am loving that!

Personality: He continues to be a joyful and laid back little guy who can't help but smile most of the time. He loves to laugh and play with his daddy. He loves it when I sing to him. He babbles more and more each day it seems. He is such a sweetie.

New Tricks: He seems to be able to grab at toys and smaller objects better now. He can change a toy from hand to hand. He can turn himself around in his activity gym/jumper now! He makes the rounds, playing with each toy as he turns. He loves to roll over to his side...but hasn't ventured to roll all the way to his tummy yet. He can roll from tummy to back, but not consistently yet. He loves to touch and feel every book we read. He also learned how to put his pacifier back in his mouth at the first of this month. It's so nice that he can do it himself now!

Overall, it was a good month and Wes really enjoyed his first Christmas!! We had so much fun spending a whole 2 weeks in Tulsa with my family. (We stayed longer than usual since my sister's baby shower was in the beginning of January. Her shower was adorable and so much fun!) Wes got quite a few gifts from family...he is one blessed and loved boy! I also got to see some of my best friends a lot over Christmas since we were all at home around the same time frame. It was sooo nice!

- Katie




No comments:

Post a Comment