Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bittersweet

Last weekend, I made in impromptu trip to Tulsa to spend some time with my Grampa. He is now under Hospice Care and will probably pass fairly soon. I am so glad that I decided to go up there when I did. Amazingly, he was pretty alert and awake on Friday, so he knew I was there and got some great time with the family. Bennett even sat on the bed with him for a good 10-15 minutes...a miracle in itself for an active toddler! My time there was bittersweet as I knew it could be the last time I would see Grampa before he passes, but sweet in that I got special time with him. More than the sadness I feel, I am excited for him to soon see Jesus face to face....his body fully restored....able to walk, talk, dance again in heaven. Keep my grandparents in your prayers as they both undergo this difficult transition!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment