Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gone Home

Tonight, after a long struggle...Grampa Bill went home. He is now hanging out with Jesus in his new, perfect, heavenly body! What an amazing thought. I recently read the book "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo....and it really gave me a new and exciting perspective on heaven. Not only did it reaffirm to me that it is a real place, but that it is our ultimate home, perfect in every way. I could say so much more about this book and what it revealed to me...but instead, I highly recommend you read it! Of course we are sad, because we will greatly miss having Grampa here with us.....but I am comforted by knowing I will hug him again one day. What an amazing man he was. His contagious smile, great sense of humor, funny songs, blueberry animal pancakes, and love for the Lord are just a few of the many memories I cherish. I feel so blessed to have had the privilege of being his granddaughter!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment